In this short video, Steve shows how to operate the new hangar bifold door. Please watch as soon as practicable and before attempting to operate the new door.
Key takeaways are:
- Ensure both locking handles are in DOWN position before operating the door
- Ensure the Electrical transfer is ON
- If it’s locked OFF, then you shouldn’t be trying to operate the door
- You must hold the UP or DOWN button to move the door, letting go stops movement
- When lowering the door, don’t stop when you think it’s touching the ground
- Keep holding DOWN until it stops itself.
- This ensures no unnecessary tension is on the door straps and prolongs door life
- The STOP button does nothing
- Keep the area in front and behind the door clear to allow movement without damage
- Always raise the door past the 2nd horizontal bar on the frame to ensure vertical clearance
- Please be careful and mindful of the door frame, hangar rash due to wing vs hangar door frame will be expensive for everyone
- The new floor is slippery, especially when wet, please be careful and tread slowly
- Move airplanes slowly when on this surface to avoid sliding